To help you have a successful beginning in your ecommerce venture, we’ve compared Shopify Plus and Magento! Here are 5 differences Australian business owners should know!
There are many ecommerce platforms today and the two most popular ones in Australia are Shopify Plus and Magento.
When starting your ecommerce business, it is important to choose a suitable platform. The fact that your ecommerce store can reach success depends on your website platform.
To help you have a successful beginning in your ecommerce venture, we’ve compared Shopify Plus and Magento.
Here are 5 differences Australian business owners should know before building an ecommerce site:
- Capabilities: Magento is supported with over 5000 extensions while Shopify only has over 100 add-ons. This gives a huge advantage to Magento. Also, Magento can come with more features for shoppers including customer dashboards, coupon codes, related products, order status modules, and more.
- Templates and Themes: Both Shopify and Magento offer a great number of templates and themes with customizable and responsive design. Regardless of the ecommerce platform you choose, your store will always have the most eye-catching look.
- SEO capabilities: SEO (Search Engine Optimization) capabilities are optimized for both platforms. SEA capabilities help website owners raise their ranks on Google and other search engines to attract more traffic. Shopify Plus has excellent SEO capabilities and great SEO apps that can help you rank higher, attract new customers, and increase conversions.
- Multi-language capabilities: Both platforms offer the multi-language feature. Magento 2 offers in-built multi-languages while Shopify doesn’t. The store owners will have to visit the Shopify App Store to download third-party apps to create a multilingual store.
- Community: Shopify has generated a strong community for users to share tips, discuss solutions, and solve issues during building and designing the store. This is an excellent strategy to bring Shopify to the top of the best ecommerce platforms in Australia. Magento has a friendly community as well, however, the tips can’t help you if you don’t have a web development team that will help you build and manage your own store. Magento is an open-source ecommerce solution meaning you are responsible for building, running, managing, and updating the store. The Shopify community grows progressively and consist of merchants, developers, and partners who can help you with all Shopify related troubles.
After Shopify Plus vs Magento comparison, it is obvious that both platforms are great options.
Time to decide!